The budgets of the independent officers of the Legislature, including the Information and Privacy Commissioner, are decided by the Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services, a committee of the Legislature.
Each fall, the Commissioner presents a proposed budget and service plan to the committee. This presentation takes place at the Legislature and is recorded and transcribed in Hansard.
The committee reviews the proposal and asks questions of the Commissioner and staff. After deliberating, the committee issues a public report that sets the budget for each of the Independent Offices of the Legislature for the following fiscal year. The Committee's reports are available on the Legislative Assembly website.
OIPC Budget and Service Plans
- Budget and Service Plan (2017/18-2019/20) presented Nov 1, 2016
- Budget and Service Plan (2016/17-2018/19) presented Nov 19, 2015
- Budget and Service Plan (2015/16-2017/18) presented Nov 25, 2014
- Budget and Service Plan (2014/15-2016/17) presented Dec 6, 2013
- Budget and Service Plan (2013/14-2015/16) presented Nov 20, 2012
- Budget and Service Plan (2012/13-2014/15) presented Nov 17, 2011
- Budget and Service Plan (2011/12-2013/14) presented Nov 23, 2010
- Budget and Service Plan (2010/11-2012/13) presented Nov 25, 2009
- Budget Proposal (2009-2012) presented Dec 3, 2008
- Budget Proposal (2008-2011) presented Nov 26, 2007